Team Idaho will provide intensive training opportunities to tennisplaying juniors in Southern Idaho to not only develop each individual’s skills, but to create a positive team experience and environment as these players represent Idaho in USTA sectional and national tournaments and events.
Team Idaho is also committed to helping players develop the principles of sportsmanship, positive competition, and respect for individuals and the game.
Goals and Objectives
- Providing elite training opportunities for junior tournament players based in Idaho
- Creating a positive team environment for players in both training and competition
- Encouraging support for other players at tournaments
- Reducing costs and expenses associated with training and travel by obtaining corporate and product sponsors and pooling resources
- Training at different facilities around the Treasure Valley
- Creating match play opportunities with adults
Making Team Idaho
Team Idaho brings together top junior tennis players from across Southern Idaho. Players’ participation on Team Idaho is based upon their commitment to competing in sectional-level tournaments. The goal of Team Idaho is to prepare junior players to compete at high levels, including sectional, national, and/or collegiate tennis.
Local Area Trainings
LAT’s for Team Idaho will be conducted to intensively train and develop top-level, committed junior tournament players from age 10 to age 18. Selection for participation on Team Idaho will be made based on whether a player has participated in a Level 3 or Level 4 tournament during a rolling 12-month period or is registered to play in a Level 3 or 4 event. Selections are made by the Team Idaho Committee.
2017 Parent Committee
Cory Dalos - Chair
Sportsmanship Agreement Form